Call for Quilts SCCQG 2021 Special Exhibit
“Sharing Our Quilts”
Road to California Quilters Conference January 21-24, 2021
This new exhibit is all about sharing a recent treasured quilt that you have created. Quilts of all kinds, styles, and techniques are welcome. The quilts can be anything from a traditional pattern to an original design inspired by a time-honored block to a modern-day look.
Entry requirements are as follows (please read carefully):
* The quilt must have been made and finished in 2019/2020 and be in excellent condition.
* There are no size constraints but a wall hanging size is recommended in order to accommodate as many quilts as possible.
* Embellishments must not protrude more than ½ “ from the surface of the quilt.
* The quilt must be made with fabric and quilted either by hand, machine or both.
* It must be three layers and be either bound or closed around along all edges.
* An entrant must be a current member of a Member Guild or an Affiliate Member of the Southern California Council of Quilt Guilds.
* Entry forms must also include a color picture of the quilt with the following information on the back of each photo: title of quilt and your name.
October 15, 2020 -- Entry form, pictures, and a self-addressed stamped envelope must be received and postmarked no later than Thursday, November 1, 2020.
December 1, 2020 -- Notification letters will be mailed by this date. Accepted entries will receive instructions for quilt shipment. Details regarding required sleeve and label will also be included.
January 11-15 , 2021 -- Accepted quilts must be received by SCCQG for exhibition. Quilts may not arrive before January 13, 2021 nor later than January 17, 2021.
January 21-24, 2021 -- Quilts will be displayed as part of the SCCQG “Sharing Our Quilts” Special Exhibit at Road to California, Ontario Convention Center, Ontario, California.
January 27, 2021 to February 3, 2021 -- Quilts will be shipped/returned to participants.
Questions may be sent to Stephania Bommarito by email firstname.lastname@example.org
Click here for entry form.